Thursday, April 3, 2008

Lost Icons

How much do you depend on certain icons on your desktop? I'm talking about the icons from the likes of My Computer, My Documents, My Network Places and so on. Those are a few of the icons that you probably usually use on a regular basis, so if they're not there, what are you supposed to do? Well, the best answer is, "Get them back!"

Now, there are a couple different ways you may have lost the icons. They could have disappeared when you installed a certain program or even when you upgraded to a new operating system. Either way, you need them, so let's find them again! To enable those icons and more, right click on your desktop and choose Properties. Click on the Desktop tab and hit the Customize Desktop button. Next, under the General tab, check any of the icons you want to appear on your desktop.

Once you do that, they will all be returned to your desktop in full view. You can choose from the icons of My Documents, My Computer, My Network Places and Internet Explorer. Now, on the other hand, you may want to take some of these icons off your desktop. If that's the case, just uncheck them and they will then be out of your way. Easy enough, don't you think?!

0 comments :